Representing Injured Children In Iowa

Children are not little adults — physically, emotionally or legally. If your child has been injured due to the fault of another, it is important to seek advice from an attorney who understands the unique issues your family is facing.

For a parent, nothing is more devastating than to have a child suffer a serious injury. For a child, dealing with the trauma of an accident, a long period of recovery and issues such as scarring, disfigurement or disability can be overwhelming. At the law firm of Hixson & Brown, P.C., in West Des Moines, Iowa, our lawyers who handle child injuries have helped numerous families like yours meet the significant challenges ahead.

We have more than 60 years of combined experience handling personal injuries involving children, including:

  • Traumatic brain injuries
  • Car accidents
  • Bicycle accidents
  • Pedestrian accidents
  • Accidents at school
  • Injuries caused by medical negligence
  • Injuries caused by dangerous property conditions
  • Dog bites
  • Birth injuries

When a child is injured, our lawyers will pursue maximum compensation from the responsible party to pay for your child's medical care, counseling, pain and suffering and other damages that you or your family member may suffer for a lifetime. We will use experts to anticipate what future medical needs your child may have and then work hard to ensure that the money is there to meet those needs.

If your child is injured at the home of a friend or relative, you may be hesitant to pursue a personal injury claim. However, these claims are typically covered by homeowners insurance policies. Our lawyers will actually be seeking fair compensation from the insurance company of the homeowner.

Free Initial Consultation With Our Iowa Lawyers For Injured Children

To request a free initial consultation about your Iowa child injuries case, call the West Des Moines office of Hixson & Brown, P.C., at 515-650-4531 or toll free at 800-229-9854. You can also reach us via our online contact form.