Seeking Compensation For Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that more than 1.5 million people suffer traumatic brain injuries (TBI) each year. These injuries result in more than 50,000 deaths and 270,000 hospitalizations annually.
If you or someone you care about suffered a brain injury due to another party’s negligence or wrongdoing, turn to the Des Moines law firm of Hixson & Brown, P.C. With more than 60 years of combined experience, our Iowa brain injury lawyers represent serious injury victims statewide.
We handle cases involving brain injuries caused by:
- Falls: This includes slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents due to unsafe property conditions, hospital falls due to poor supervision and more.
- Auto accidents: This includes motorcycle crashes, car accidents, semi-truck collisions and more.
- Birth injury: This includes brain injuries caused by the negligence of medical personnel during birth.
Types Of Traumatic Brain Injury
All TBIs are caused by head trauma, but the physical and mental effects may not appear right away. Sometimes victims go weeks or months before they begin experiencing or noticing behavioral changes, mood changes and other signs of damage. Types of TBI include:
- Diffuse axonal: Multiple areas of the brain are damaged, frequently resulting in a coma.
- Closed: Blood vessels and tissues in the brain are torn or bruised, but the bones of the skull are not broken.
- Penetrating: The skull itself is fractured and the brain may be exposed.
Free Initial Consultation With Our Iowa Brain Injury Attorneys
We stand ready and willing to help you seek the financial compensation you deserve after a brain injury caused by another’s negligence. To request a free case evaluation, call the West Des Moines office of Hixson & Brown, P.C., at 515-650-4531 or toll free at 800-229-9854. You can also reach us via our online contact form.