Medical Malpractice Lawyer Representing Victims
Like millions of Americans, you relied on a medical professional, clinic or hospital to provide you or a loved one with the best possible care during a moment of physical need.
Unfortunately, you learned the hard way that the medical industry is not immune to mistakes and this has left you or a loved one in financial, physical and emotional ruins. Your trust in the medical profession has been broken.
If this sounds familiar and a medical provider has breached the standard of care, causing an injury to you or a loved one, we are here to help.
We understand that no amount of money will heal you or your loved one, nor can it erase everything you have experienced, but it can help ease the financial burden felt by you or your loved one. Obtaining fair compensation can also help hold the medical profession accountable for avoidable mistakes and provide you and your family with justice.
Premier Representation For A Variety Of Medical Malpractice Claims
At Hixson & Brown, P.C., our West Des Moines, Iowa, medical malpractice attorneys have decades of combined experience handling a broad spectrum of medical malpractice cases throughout Iowa, including those that involve:
- Birth injury: We handle cases involving cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, hypoxia (oxygen deprivation), shoulder dystocia and failure to monitor fetal distress.
- Surgical errors: We have taken cases involving mistakes made during gallbladder surgery or bowel surgery to objects left behind in a patient’s body.
- Hospital errors: We represent victims of errors made in a hospital by any hospital staff, from nurses to doctors and more.
- Medication errors: We have successfully handled cases involving medication errors such as giving a patient the incorrect drug or dosage.
- Prescription mistakes: We take action against pharmacists when they mislabel medication or do not warn patients of a drug’s side effects.
- Emergency room errors: Our lawyers represent clients who have been injured by emergency room doctors and other personnel who were negligent and failed to meet the standard of care.
- UI Hospitals and Clinics: We handle medical malpractice claims against the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for medical malpractice.
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: Deep vein thrombosis involves a blood clot that forms in a leg or arm. If it breaks off and lodges in the lungs, it is called pulmonary embolism, which may be a life-threatening condition. Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms may be caused or aggravated by medical negligence.
- Obstetrical errors: Our attorneys handle cases in which a midwife, a family physician or an obstetrician has been negligent in providing care to a woman either during pregnancy or following childbirth. This includes the failure to timely diagnose or treat preterm labor, preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome.
We handle cases involving serious injuries and fatal medical errors. Our Des Moines medical malpractice attorneys frequently travel throughout Iowa and across the U.S. to prepare our medical negligence cases and take depositions from experienced doctors.
Call Our Iowa Medical Malpractice And Personal Injury Lawyers
We will fight for fair compensation for you and your family. It may take years, but our compassionate lawyers are committed to standing by your side. We understand the hardships and frustrations you have survived and the difficulties you continue to endure. From the first filing to the final settlement document or jury verdict, we will fight to make sure your voice is heard and fair compensation is obtained.
To request a free case evaluation, call the West Des Moines office of Hixson & Brown, P.C., at 515-644-6133.. You can also reach us via our online contact form.