Holding Doctors And Pharmacies Accountable For Prescription Errors
More than one million people are injured each year by prescription drug errors. While most errors do not cause lasting harm, more than 6,000 people die annually from mistakes in prescribing or dispensing drugs.
Hixson & Brown, P.C., is a team of experienced personal injury and wrongful death lawyers in West Des Moines that represents families throughout Iowa in cases of medical malpractice. We are skilled trial advocates with the experience and resources needed to establish liability and obtain maximum compensation in complex cases involving prescription drug errors.
If you believe you or a family member suffered serious injuries because of a prescription drug error, turn to the law firm of Hixson & Brown, P.C.
Examples Of Prescription Drug Errors
Prescription drug errors may originate in the doctor’s office or in the pharmacy where prescriptions are filled. The most common error — one that causes more than 41 percent of prescription drug deaths — is administering the wrong dose of a medicine. Other errors include:
- Prescribing the wrong drug
- Using the wrong route of administration for a drug
- Drug dispensing errors
- Drug labeling errors that can result in a patient taking too much or too little of a drug
- Failure to warn patients about drug side effects
- Failure to consult a patient’s medical history, resulting in drug use that causes allergic reactions
- Failure to ask what other drugs a patient is taking, resulting in dangerous drug interactions
No matter the error, the Iowa prescription error attorneys of Hixson & Brown, P.C., will be your advocate through every step of the legal process. Our lawyers have more than 60 years of combined experience handling complex medical malpractice cases.
Free Initial Consultation With Our Iowa Wrong Prescription Attorneys
To schedule a free initial consultation about your potential prescription drug error case, call the West Des Moines office of Hixson & Brown, P.C., at 515-644-6133.. You can also reach us via our online contact form.