Representing Those Injured By The Negligence Of Iowa Surgeons
From a surgeon operating on the wrong site or puncturing another internal organ to leaving a sponge behind in the patient’s body, surgical negligence can encompass many different situations. These types of medical malpractice cases are inherently complex, calling for expert medical testimony and experienced legal representation.
At the Des Moines medical malpractice firm of Hixson & Brown, P.C., we have the resources to fully investigate your potential medical error claim. Our Iowa surgical errors lawyers have decades of combined legal experience helping injured individuals pursue maximum compensation for their pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses and other damages.
Our bariatric surgery law firm handles a full range of surgical error cases, including those that involving:
- Bowel surgery: A punctured or nicked bowel, colon or other internal organ can lead to life-threatening infections.
- Gallbladder surgery: Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery must be performed with great care to avoid cutting the common bile duct. Cutting the duct can allow bile to leak into the abdominal cavity.
- Wrong-site surgery: Due to mistakes in charts or miscommunications, surgeons may operate on the wrong part of the body, causing serious damage.
- Objects left behind: While rare, a foreign object may be inadvertently left behind in a patient’s body after surgery.
- Anesthesia errors: Anesthesiologists and certified nurse anesthetists (CRNA) may be held liable for negligent actions.
- Poor postoperative care: Failure to properly monitor a patient’s vital signs or perform other postoperative care can lead to wrongful death or serious injury.
Call Our Iowa Surgical Errors And Medical Malpractice Lawyers
To request a free evaluation of your potential Iowa medical malpractice lawsuit, call the West Des Moines office of Hixson & Brown, P.C., at 515-644-6133. You can also reach our attorneys via our online contact form.