Catastrophic Injury Attorneys In Des Moines, Iowa
At Hixson & Brown, P.C., we understand the many challenges facing seriously injured people as they try to recover. Our mission is helping them obtain the financial resources to pay for medical care and rehabilitation services as well as compensation for other losses.
Hixson & Brown, P.C., represents clients in cases involving all types of life-changing injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury: If your loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), serious concussion or other head injury, he or she may require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. We can help you pursue the compensation you need.
- Spine injury: Because the spinal cord is one of the main control centers for the body, any damage to it can lead to serious repercussions.
- Quadriplegia and paraplegia: If you have been paralyzed due to the negligence of another individual or entity, you have the right to seek personal injury compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.
- Burns: Burns can be disfiguring as well as highly painful. We help clients seek compensation for reconstructive surgery, lost wages and other damages.
- Amputation: Whether you lost fingers in an industrial accident or had a leg amputated after a truck accident, we can help.
- Electric shocks: Electrocution and other electrical accidents may occur around high-voltage power lines throughout Iowa.
- Vision loss: We help accident victims who have suffered eye loss, eye damage or blindness recover compensation.
- Electrical burn injury: If you have suffered an electric burn, we will put our experience to work helping you recover damages.
Helping You Rebuild Your Life
To understand our clients’ medical needs, our personal injury lawyers work with medical specialists at hospitals throughout Iowa, including:
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines
- Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines
- St. Luke’s Hospital, Sioux City
- Mercy Hospital, Council Bluffs
- Covenant Regional Medical Center, Waterloo
- Mercy Medical Center — North Iowa, Mason City
- St. Luke’s Hospital, Cedar Rapids
- Genesis Medical Center, Davenport
The insights we gain from these conversations become an integral part of the case we are preparing. They also enable us to describe our clients’ injuries to juries in compelling and understandable language. Our goal in your case will be to help you obtain the medical care and compensation you need to rebuild your life.
The Role Of The Life-Care Planner
In many catastrophic injury cases, we engage the services of a life-care planner. This professional develops a complete outline of all the medical care, rehabilitation therapy and personal services the injured person and family will need over the course of the accident victim’s life. With this in hand and having all other aspects of the case prepared, our attorneys can then go into settlement negotiations or trial in a strong position to obtain full compensation for our client.
Contact Our Des Moines Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
To arrange for a free consultation about your case, contact Hixson & Brown, P.C. We represent clients throughout Iowa.