Need Compensation For A Spinal Cord Injury?
Any type of motor vehicle accident, construction site accident or other trauma that affects the spine can have catastrophic consequences. In the most severe cases, spinal cord damage can lead to permanent paralysis such as paraplegia or quadriplegia.
At Hixson & Brown, P.C. in West Des Moines, we fight for full and fair compensation for individuals throughout the state who have suffered spinal cord damage due the negligence of other parties. In addition to having decades of combined experience in personal injury and medical negligence cases, our attorneys are proud to offer personalized service and attention to each of our clients.
Common Symptoms Of A Spinal Cord Injury
While complete immobility is an obvious sign of the most severe spinal cord injuries, some damage is less severe, but still serious. Symptoms of spinal cord injuries may include:
- Loss of sensation, including the ability to feel heat, cold or touch
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Exaggerated reflex activities or spasms
- Changes in sexual function, sexual sensitivity and fertility
- Pain or intense stinging sensation caused by damage to the nerve fibers in your spinal cord
- Difficulty breathing, coughing or clearing secretions from your lungs
- Difficulty with balance and walking
- Extreme back pain or pressure in your neck, head or back
Fighting For The Full Amount Of Compensation You Need
Many spinal cord injury victims may require years of rehabilitation or extensive medical treatment. In addition, you may need to remodel your home to make it wheelchair-accessible or buy a specially equipped vehicle.
Our law firm will seek the maximum compensation available under the law to help you cover all current and future costs associated with your injury. We understand the dramatic effects the accident had on your life, and we are committed to aggressively upholding your rights as we guide you through the legal process.
Get Your Free Initial Consultation With Our Lawyers
To learn how our personal injury lawyers can provide you with the legal counsel and advocacy you need during this difficult time, do not hesitate to schedule a free consultation. Simply call 515-650-4531 or toll free at 800-229-9854. You can also reach us via our online contact form.