Need Compensation For A Tractor-Trailer Injury In Iowa?
At Hixson & Brown, P.C. in West Des Moines, our attorneys represent personal injury victims throughout Iowa. We have decades of combined experience pursuing justice and full compensation on behalf of injured people. Our mission is to obtain the money and medical help you and your family need to recover and move forward with life.
Did Truck Driver Negligence Play A Role In The Accident?
Many truck drivers are under pressure to reach their destinations as quickly as possible. Under such conditions, it is not uncommon for truckers or their trucking companies to violate safety regulations laid down by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Examples of reckless driving or negligence on the part of truckers or trucking companies can include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Truck driver fatigue caused by traveling more hours than legally allowed
- Improper loading of the truck
- Overloaded trucks
- Poor truck maintenance
- Inappropriate stopping or parking on the shoulder or traveled portion of an off-ramp or highway
Collecting Vital Evidence On Your Behalf
In any motor vehicle accident, and particularly in truck accidents, it is important to preserve vital evidence before it disappears. Our lawyers can take prompt action to collect and protect evidence such as:
- Black box data from the truck
- Truck driver logs
- Trucking company’s maintenance records
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Witness testimony
You can count on our lawyers for hard work and thorough preparation of your case. Whether through negotiating a settlement or taking your case to trial, we will strive to maximize your compensation.