Hixson & Brown, P.C.
Free Consultations
Local: 515-650-4531 Toll Free: 800-229-9854
The national Trail Lawyers

The National Trial Lawyers is a professional organization composed of trial lawyers across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense attorneys.

10| Best | 2016 | Client Satisfaction | American Institute of | Personal Injury Attorneys | TM

The American Institute of Legal Counsel compiles an exclusive list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for each state. It is limited to attorneys who “have achieved unparalleled success", but most importantly have done so for the benefit of their client.

Million Dollar Advocates Forum

Here's what you can do if a negligent driver won't communicate

If the other driver won't call the police or give you insurance information at the scene of an accident, you need to call the authorities to the scene yourself. If the driver does leave the scene, make sure you obtain the driver's license plate ID, so the police can track the driver for their reports. Drivers are required to stay at the scene and should willingly exchange information.

If the driver doesn't want to help you by giving you information, there are still other things you can do while you wait for police. Take photos of the car and the damage that has been caused to yours and theirs. Photograph the positioning of the vehicles and even video the scene if you can. Your memory may get fuzzy after a few days away from the scene, but the video or photos will tell the truth about what happened. The photos also allow you to take a picture of the other driver if that person won't give you information on his or her name or contact information.

Contact your insurance company after this. Talk to your insurance company about the incident and explain if the insurance company will need to wait for the police report to get the other person's information. You don't necessarily have to have the other person's name or insurance information to start your claim, but the insurance company will want evidence and that information later, which you can obtain from police.

Our website has more information on the facts that you need to support your case and how you can make a claim for the compensation you need.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Hixson & Brown PC
160 South 68th Street
Suite 1108
West Des Moines, IA 50266

Map & Directions

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.