Hixson & Brown, P.C.
Free Consultations
Local: 515-650-4531 Toll Free: 800-229-9854
The national Trail Lawyers

The National Trial Lawyers is a professional organization composed of trial lawyers across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense attorneys.

10| Best | 2016 | Client Satisfaction | American Institute of | Personal Injury Attorneys | TM

The American Institute of Legal Counsel compiles an exclusive list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for each state. It is limited to attorneys who “have achieved unparalleled success", but most importantly have done so for the benefit of their client.

Million Dollar Advocates Forum

Man run over faces broken leg; car flees the scene in Iowa

This sudden accident in Iowa left one man with a broken leg and witnesses stunned as the driver who caused the accident fled the scene. There are so many reasons a person could leave the scene, from knowing they're in trouble for driving when they shouldn't be to fear of the consequences. That doesn't excuse them from what's happened, as this driver found out.

Police in Iowa have been working on a case involving a Coralville, Iowa, man who ran over a pedestrian before leaving the scene of the accident. It's not clear if the victim was in a parking lot or driveway when he was hit by a car. The police have reportedly found and charged the driver, a 20-year-old, for leaving the scene of an accident and for driving a vehicle with a revoked license. They didn't report why the 20-year-old had previously lost his license.

Fortunately, the victim in this situation will be okay. The man suffered a broken leg after the other man's vehicle backed over him. After the accident, the driver allegedly left the scene at a high speed.

Now, the driver is being held in the Johnson County Jail. He's on a $10,000 cash-only bond. Reports didn't say when he'll face trial for the charges.

If you're hurt in an accident like this one, remember that you do have options beyond what the police and authorities choose to do. They can press charges, and you can also seek compensation through a civil lawsuit. In cases where a driver doesn't have insurance, you may have to sue to be awarded the money you deserve.

Source: KCCI, "Police: Man drove over pedestrian, sped away" Aug. 15, 2014

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Hixson & Brown PC
160 South 68th Street
Suite 1108
West Des Moines, IA 50266

Map & Directions

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.