Standing Up For The Rights Of Medical Negligence Victims
At Hixson & Brown, P.C., our West Des Moines, Iowa, medical malpractice attorneys have decades of combined experience handling a broad spectrum of medical malpractice cases throughout Iowa, including those that involve:
- Birth injury: Our law firm represents clients whose children have suffered birth injuries due to the negligence of a medical professional or medical facility. We handle cases involving cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, hypoxia (oxygen deprivation), shoulder dystocia and failure to monitor fetal distress.
- Surgical errors: From mistakes made during gallbladder surgery or bowel surgery to objects left behind in a patient's body, surgical errors are serious matters that deserve professional legal counsel.
- Emergency room errors: Our lawyers represent clients who have been injured by emergency room doctors and other personnel who fail to meet the standard of care.
- Medication errors: Medication errors may include giving a patient the wrong prescription drug or the wrong dosage, or prescribing a medication that will react adversely with other medications.
- Poor postoperative care: Failing to provide adequate care to a patient after surgery can be a deadly mistake.
- UI Hospitals and Clinics: We handle medical malpractice claims against the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics.
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: Deep vein thrombosis involves a blot clot that forms in a leg or arm. If it breaks off and lodges in the lungs, it is called pulmonary embolism, which may be a life-threatening condition. Deep vein thromboses and pulmonary embolisms may be caused or aggravated by medical negligence.
- Obstetrical errors: Our attorneys handle cases where a midwife, family physician or obstetrician has been negligent in providing care to a woman either during pregnancy or during the time period after birth. This includes the failure to timely diagnose or treat preterm labor, preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome.
Our Des Moines medical malpractice attorneys frequently travel throughout Iowa and across the U.S. to prepare our medical negligence cases and take depositions from experienced doctors.