At Hixson & Brown, P.C., our West Des Moines, Iowa, medical malpractice attorneys have decades of combined experience handling a broad spectrum of medical malpractice cases throughout Iowa, including those that involve:
- Birth injury: Our law firm represents clients whose children have suffered birth injuries due to the negligence of a medical professional or medical facility. We handle cases involving cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, hypoxia (oxygen deprivation), shoulder dystocia and failure to monitor fetal distress.
- Surgical errors: From mistakes made during gallbladder surgery or bowel surgery to objects left behind in a patient's body, surgical errors are serious matters that deserve professional legal counsel.
- Hospital errors: We represent victims of any errors made in a hospital by any hospital staff, from nurses to doctors and more.
- Medication errors: Medication errors may include giving a patient the wrong drug or the wrong dosage while in the hospital.
- Prescription mistakes: Prescription mistakes may involve errors made by doctors when writing a prescription, errors made by pharmacists when filling prescriptions and other acts of carelessness that result in serious complications.
- Emergency room errors: Our lawyers represent clients who have been injured by emergency room doctors and other personnel who fail to meet the standard of care.
- UI Hospitals and Clinics: We handle medical malpractice claims against the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics.
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: Deep vein thrombosis involves a blot clot that forms in a leg or arm. If it breaks off and lodges in the lungs, it is called pulmonary embolism, which may be a life-threatening condition. Deep vein thromboses and pulmonary embolisms may be caused or aggravated by medical negligence.
- Obstetrical errors: Our attorneys handle cases where a midwife, family physician or obstetrician has been negligent in providing care to a woman either during pregnancy or during the time period after birth. This includes the failure to timely diagnose or treat preterm labor, preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome.
We handle cases involving serious injuries and fatal medical errors. Our Des Moines medical malpractice attorneys frequently travel throughout Iowa and across the U.S. to prepare our medical negligence cases and take depositions from experienced doctors.
Call Our Iowa Medical Malpractice And Personal Injury Lawyers
To request a free case evaluation, call the West Des Moines office of Hixson & Brown, P.C., at 515-650-4531 or toll free at 800-229-9854. You can also reach us via our online contact form.